Keep Your Fur Babies Safe from Fleas and Ticks
Nasty fleas and ticks are present all year round in the Philippines, but they are most active during the warmer months. These pests can be harmful not only to fur babies but also to hoomans, so preventing their spread and treating them should be done right away. We’ve listed down a few tips to help you have a flea-and-tick-free warm season with your pets!
Avoid breeding grounds for pests outside
Thinking of taking your pet out for a walk? Be careful where you’re going because that might be a place where fleas and ticks love to hang out! Tall grasses, shrubs, and piles of leaves are common breeding grounds for these pests. Avoid letting your fur baby walk in these areas to prevent fleas and ticks from jumping onto your pet’s skin. Cut tall grasses and shrubs short and clear out old furniture and trash in your backyard where they usually hide.
Eliminate flea and tick dens at home
Fleas and ticks love hanging out not only in grasses but also in warm and humid areas inside the house. Make sure to check cracks, curtains, furniture, and floorings regularly because these are common hiding spots for these pests. Some steps you can do to eliminate flea and tick dens at home are washing your pet’s bedding thoroughly, vacuuming your carpets, rugs, and other floorings, and using a safe home spray to kill and repel pests on furniture. Doing these steps will help get rid of their eggs and disrupt the life cycle of these creepy-crawlies!
Check your pets for fleas and ticks regularly
Doing inspection of your pet’s skin from time to time can help prevent the spread of fleas and ticks. When doing this, try using a fine-tooth comb to catch pests that may be hiding deep beneath the coat. If you went outside with your pets, make it a habit to check their fur as well to prevent them from bringing fleas and ticks inside the house. Using anti-flea-and-tick shampoos and sprays can also be a helpful way to get rid of these creepy-crawlies. Here at Fetch! Naturals, we have our own shampoos that are formulated to kill fleas and ticks naturally and safely! Add the Neem Shampoo, Shampoo Bar, or Neem Leave-On Rinse to your pet’s baff time routine to help them get rid of stubborn fleas and ticks.
We hope you find these tips helpful in keeping your fur babies away from creepy-crawlies during the warmer months!
- 5 Super-Common Flea and Tick Myths—And Why You’ve Got to Stop Believing Them: https://be.chewy.com/busting-myths-about-tick-and-flea-season/
- Tick Season: What You Need To Know To Keep Your Dog Safe: https://dogtime.com/dog-health/flea-tick/63545-tick-season-dogs-safety
- Flea and Tick Season: https://skagitanimalclinic.com/flea-and-tick-season/
- Tick and Flea 101: Choosing The Right Tick and Flea Preventive For You And Your Pet: http://makatidogandcathospital.com/tick-and-flea-101-choosing-the-right-tick-and-flea-preventive-for-you-and-your-pet/
- Top 5 Ways to Fight Fleas and Ticks: https://www.petmd.com/dog/care/top-5-ways-fight-fleas-and-ticks